When most people hear the words “Toaster Oven,” thoughts of an oversized bread toaster with a door immediately come to mind. The Breville BOV650XL toaster oven is helping to put an end to this stereotype. In fact, the BOV650XL is more “oven” than it is “toaster.” Its numerous smart functions ensure that your foods are cooked to your specifications each and every time. Want to learn more about the BOV650XL’s smart functions? Then read on.
The Old Versus The New
In older toaster ovens you typically got your toast one of two ways – over-toasted and dry or not toasted enough, unless you were lucky enough to pull yours out in time. Breville’s smart oven is like a toaster on steroids. One of the available functions is the ability to input the number of slices you are toasting. The oven’s independent heating elements help to use the correct amount of heat exactly where it needs to be. The end result is toast that comes out golden brown and crispy on the outside, while staying warm and chewy on the inside.
Frozen Foods? No Problem
Some frozen foods need to be defrosted before you can start cooking. This can be a big problem if you forget to thaw it out several hours beforehand. The only other quick option you are left with is to defrost it in the microwave. This poses its own set of problems – one of them being foods that get cooked on the outside, while remaining slightly frozen on the inside. The defrost function on the BOV650XL will defrost your frozen foods, then begin the cooking process, making frozen food woes a thing of the past.
An Oven With A Memory?
If you are one of those people that like your toast or bagels heated up the same way each and every time, then this feature is for you. This oven is not called a smart oven for nothing. The built in memory keeps track of your cooking preferences so that you don’t waste any time. This helps to ensure that you spend more time enjoying your food, rather than cooking it.
Other Useful Features
- Color coded temperature setting – The color of the screen will be dependent on what state (pre-heat, cooking, completed) the oven is in. This will help you to see if your food is still defrosting or getting cooked. This also helps to take the guesswork out.
- Pull out crumb tray – Older toaster ovens leave you having to balance the crumb tray while you pull it out. This leaves the possibility of spilling crumbs all over the bottom of the toaster oven. The Breville BOV650XL crumb tray slides out easily, much like a dresser drawer, making clean up a breeze.
- Temperature conversion – Some cooking directions call for Fahrenheit, while some call for Celsius, leaving you stuck with having to look up the conversion if you are used to the opposite of what is needed. This is not an issue any longer. At the flip of a switch you can toggle between either temperature settings.
These features can be easily overlooked, but they save the user a tremendous amount of wasted time. These types of features are exactly what set the Breville BOV650XL toaster oven apart from its competitors.
Does It Include A Warranty?
Yes, the Breville BOV650XL comes with a 1 year warranty.
What Others Are Saying?
The Breville BOV650XL consistently gets great toaster oven reviews. Out of 96 reviews on Amazon, this smart oven received an average of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Here are just a few comments from satisfied customers:
- “This machine is built to last forever.”
- “The Breville Toaster Oven is amazing. I can almost eliminate my large oven for this smart oven.”
- “Overall I love this toaster and highly recommend it.”
- “Makes you wonder why all toaster ovens are not made this way.”
- “Great results across the board… by far the best toaster oven I’ve ever owned.”
- “I love this toaster!!! I cook everything in it from broiled fish to Pizza.”
- “The oven itself is amazing – with many features.”
There are few complaints on this smart oven. However, there are several people that reported having to get used to all of the controls, as opposed to simpler toaster ovens. While this may take some getting used to, the cooking benefits make the learning process worthwhile.
There are many great reasons to go with Breville’s smart oven, but there is one thing that may hold you back, and that is the cost. While it may be a bit higher priced than other toaster ovens, there is no denying the tremendous quality and value that you will get out of it.
In fact, when you think about it realistically it will save you money in the long run. The ability to cook food to your specifications will ultimately help you to avoid overcooked and dry meals that will eventually get thrown out. If you are in the market to purchase a toaster oven and want a quality piece of equipment, then look no further than the Breville BOV650XL toaster oven. The best price online is currently over at Amazon.com